When we first got super serious about this gluten-free thing, my kids weren’t so excited.
We’ve been down this road before and slipped all over the place like a school of fish on a waterside oiled with butter… mainly because I wasn’t totally committed to being all in.
But now? I couldn’t be more in if Martha started a GF network and I were the star of the show, yo.
So, imagine what my boys thought when I brought them a shake for breakfast.
They thought my already loose marbles had come spilling out my ears one by blessed one. But they didn’t argue. They just lapped it up.
I did too. Times two, to tell the truth.
- 4 Frozen Bananas
- 8 pitted Medjool Dates
- ½ Cup All Natural Creamy Peanut or Almond Butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Cups Almond Milk
- 7 cubes of ice
- Whipped cream for garnish, if desired
- Blend bananas, dates, nut butter, vanilla and milk.
- When thoroughly combined, add ice a few cubes at a time until you reach a very shake-like consistency.
- Pour into 4 glasses and top with whipped cream, if desired.
This shake is near the top of my list of things that make me go yum.
Are you gluten-free? Paleo?
Would you eat this in a box with a fox?