Pallet Swing: A year in review.

Here she is FINALLY… My Pallet Swing:

Porch swing on Porch

Why?

Why in heaven’s cool blue skies does it take me a year and a day to finish a project.

Like this crazy Pallet  Swing… The earth has revolved around the sun completely as I sit here clickity-clacking these little black keys in a stop-and-go-rhythm…

See the chains?

Pallet Porch Swing in the Sun

“Yes.  Yes.  Yes!!!”  she says.

Dreams were made…

Porch Swing Outside1

She’s finally hung!

pallet porch swing

Oh, happy day.

Sun Wind Chime

Happy, happy day.

Please tell me I’m not the only one that somehow manages to put things off~

To the EXTREME.

Looking for more building projects?  Check out my Building Portfolio Gallery!

Building-Projects

And so the BOLD ones say...

1. says

i have a coffee table i am turning into an ottoman in my garage…. everything is one but i need to get the darn upholstery foam and have been too lazy to go get it. it’s been in there all done like that since oh april. you are not alone. i am here with you. though we’re far apart, you are in my heart.

2. says

Great job!! You are not the only one who does this…..: ) I have to bar myself from buying materials for NEW projects when I have materials for unfinished projects at home!!! I love it. We had a porch swing at our old house and I miss it so much!

Thanks, girl!

I have to do the same thing! Except I do… I just went and bought some junk today… and I swore I wouldn’t!

3. says

Gwen! That is so cool!!! Really, I love the design, it’s beautiful! The colour is so pretty too, what a lovely shade of blue – it reminds me of the ocean (in warmer parts, not up North where we are…) Nice job!

• G-Dawg says

Thank you, Heather! Oh, how I miss the ocean… we used to live rather close to the white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico. It was LOVELY!

4. says

Projects taking forever? Story of my life! Love your little swing. I want one just like it… well, when I get around to building a porch first, that is…

• G-Dawg says

Thank you, Courtenay! Ha! Who needs a Porch? This baby sat on the ground for quite a while…haha.

5. says

I love this and is was so worth the wait! You couldn’t have picked a more perfect color. Well done. I love the way you have your feed set up. Is that a plugin?

Oh, thank you, Ann!

No, I’m not using a feed. I just went into my Dashboard under Setting=> Reading => for each article in a feed show=> and then I chose “Summary”. It’s that simple. No plugin’s needed as far as I know. And I didn’t do anything within my post. Hope that helps!

6. Imklvr says

Listen, if you are cleaver enough to plan and build something like that, you can take all the time you want! I think you’re purdy amazing!

7. Beth@Unskinny Boppy says

This looks excellent Gwen!!! I’m so impressed!

And I totally feel you on the projects. Same here!

Thank you so much, Beth!

I’m so glad I’m not the only one! I was beginning to feel like a big, fat LOSER! UGH!

• G-Dawg says

Cleaver? Sometimes I feel like weilding a cleaver!

But I didn’t even catch it the first time, yo. Thank you, my friend!

8. says

A year and a day…that means I have six months or so left to complete a project here :) I prefer to work on a gazillion things at once and then BAM! it all seems to be done at near-ish the same time :)

Your porch swing is a thing of beauty – jealous that you have a place to hang one!

Thank you, my friend!

Yes, I have thirteen and a half projects going on! AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

9. says

That’s awesome!! Very impressed! And you are definitely not alone…sometimes the smallest tasks seem impossible and then suddenly so easy and I end up wondering what seemed so hard about it. Oh well…it all gets, done somehow. Or it doesn’t :)

• G-Dawg says

Ha! It’s so dern fun to rhyme it out, yo!

Thanks you, my totally awesome friend…

10. says

Well, now isn’t that just the cutest swing ever??!!?? Love the color too! You’re a smart cookie!

11. says

Gwen, that is awesome! I love it and I love the happy blue. If it makes you feel better I have projects waiting for well over a year. I am trying to be better about finishing stuff if for no other reason than so it’s not laying around in the way.

Bliss

Thank you, Bliss!!!

It does make me feel better, yo. I have stairs that I started painting 4 months ago just sitting there cuz I don’t like the color!!! UGH.

Oh, Thank you, Leslie!

I really love that canvas… like.. TOT’S….

• G-Dawg says

Thank you, my sweet friend!

I hope you are doing well and that little girl is, I’m sure, growing like a weed!!!

Thanks, girl!

I am the Queen of the queens! At least I’m Queen of something,… I guess…hehehe…

12. says

I LOVE this Gwen!! And yes, I can drag a project out with the best of ‘em. Just ask my husband about ‘the chair’ … the one that I still haven’t finished reupholstering in … 8 years! (But I’m sitting in it right now so if I can use it as is, what’s the rush!?!?!) :)

• G-Dawg says

Thank you, Karah! The color would fit right in down where you are, wouldn’t it???

8 years? Ha! That’s too funny! Maybe it could pass off as one of those Restoration Hardware “Deconstructed” chairs??? hehehe

• G-Dawg says

Thanks so much, Mary Beth! There is somethinag about a swing!

And Oh, those poor lonely projects! It makes me so sad!

• G-Dawg says

Thank you, Jenn! It wasn’t that hard to alter the plans! Go for it!

13. says

Gweeeeen! I am in love with your porch swing! Great job and so perfect with your house and door color.

• G-Dawg says

Thanks, girl! Now, if I could just remember to water the plants, my porch would be in good shape!!!

14. says

I love this swing – It turned out so great! And I am always taking Forever to finish my projects too :)

15. says

I love this! Thank you for sharing and inspiring ;)
    I’m a follower of Nancy’s, so when I saw she was guest posting for you, I needed to visit and so glad I came across your blog!
    Have a great day!
    xoxo- Kaara

16. says

Thnaks so much for sharing your gorgeous porch swing at Project Inspired! Hope to see you at tonight’s party 8 pm EST!

17. Tomi Kaiser says

Hi – just noticed you’re local (Forest)! Love what you’ve shared here. I have recently become pallet addicted myself. I’m searching for places in the area to salvage good ‘found objects’ but we don’t seem to have too many of those around here.

• says

Hi Tomi!

Thanks so much for visiting The Bold Abode!

Yes, it is a challenge around here to find reclaimed materials, for sure! :)