Are you a fan of Chia? I have to admit the first time I had chia seeds was in a kombucha drink, and I thought it was slimy and gross.
Last year about this time, I was looking for some ways to add some new, healthy things into my diet, and I decided to give chia seeds another try.
They have some good fibrous carbs and many health benefits. (1) They are nutrient dense and high in Omega 3’s. So don’t count them out before you try this Overnight Chocolate Chia Pudding!
How to make Chocolate Chia Pudding with added Protein
What you need:
- 32 oz glass jar with lid
- Organic Chia seeds
- Milk – I use unsweetened coconut milk
- Chocolate Protein Powder
- In a blender, mix two scoops of protein powder with 2 cups of milk. If you want, you can throw in a banana or 2 TBS of Peanut Butter for some extra flavor. But it’s fine without it.
- Then fold in 1/2 cup of chia seeds. You can also add a bit of cinnamon or 1 tsp of vanilla, maple syrup or honey if you’d like.
- Secure lid and refrigerate overnight.
- Top with fresh fruit, like sliced bananas, strawberries or blueberries if desired.
I love this for breakfast or really any time of the day when I need a bit of a snack!
How do you feel about chia seeds? Leave me a comment in my FB post below and let me know!