If you’ve ever gone out in the hot sun and bent over long enough to pick a few juicy strawberries, then you find you appreciate this berry so much more than if you just buy them in plastic containers from the grocery store, right?
However, thank the blazing stars above for said grocery store and said plastic container because otherwise, I would NOT be bringing you my favorite among favorite Homemade Snack Bars!
This Homemade Strawberry Snack Bar is softer and gooier than the others… Oh and SO tasty!
But, I’m limiting myself to only one a day… I eating more than my fair share by about thirteen and a half dozen.
And my clothes were protesting… OY VEY!
You should see me eating it…taking the tiniest bites and savoring them fully before allowing them to go to their proper place in my digestive system. Tiny morsels of chocolate strawberry delight!
Here’s the recipe. You’re welcome.
- 2 Cups of Pitted Medjool Dates
- ¼ creamy peanut butter
- ½ nuts
- 3 TBS unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 4-5 medium sized Strawberries
- Grease an 8x8 or 9x9 square glass pan.
- Add pitted dates and peanut butter to your mixer and combine until you get a nice paste.
- Add Strawberries and blend until smooth.
- Add Cocoa Powder and cinnamon. Blend until a well combined. You should start to see a dough-like consistency form.
- Add nuts to blender and pulse until coarsly chopped. Or you can add them in a bowl if you want to keep the nuts whole.
- Scoop mixture into pan and press out using a sheet of wax paper. You might need to lightly grease the wax paper because this mixture can tend to be a bit sticky.
- Once evenly spread, cover and stick it in the freezer for about an hour.
- Once thoroughly chilled, slice into bars.
- Store in a sealed container with parchment paper between layers for up to a week. But they probably won't last that long!
- Makes about 8-10 bars
If you loved these Snack bars, check out:
- The Original Homemade Snack Bar
- Homemade Cinnamon Snack Bars
- Homemade Blueberry Snack Bars
- The Super Simple Way to Cube a Watermelon