The Bold Abode is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com as well as other affiliate networks.
Happy New Year, my BOLD Ones!
And to celebrate the New Year, I’m on a mission this January…
I will be clearing the clutter out!
Since we moved into The Bold Abode, we’ve amassed a multitude of messy mounds all over the place. When we moved ever other year, it was so much easier to keep the chaos to a minimum, but being in the same place for a while has made it easier to stuff junk in drawers and cabinets and in the various and sundry nooks and crannies!
I’ve done it before and I can do it again… and here are the 5 tips for clearing the clutter out that I’m going to put into action, yo.
1. Pick one or two rooms to focus on each week in January.
2. Set aside one hour a day to de-clutter.
3. Use a timer, setting it for 15 minutes at a time. Take a 5-10 minute break after 15 minutes and then get back at it.
4. Have three bags for each room. KEEP, DONATE and TRASH.
5. Look at each item in the room, starting at 12 on the clock and ask myself…
- Have I used or worn this in the past year?
- Do I LOVE it?
If the answer is no to one of those questions, it goes in the donate or trash bag. No exceptions!
So come January 6th, this is what I’ll be doing. De-clutter Mania, baby.
You wanna join me?
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
- 10 Simple Tips for a Healthy Holiday
- 9 Ways to Add Color to Your Home
- 10 Awesome Gift Ideas for Teenage Boys
- 6 Heirloom Holiday Recipes
- Party Dress Crush!