I’m on a mission to make sure my family eats heathly.
And sometimes, that’s a bit like trying to get a sleepy snail to run a 10 mile marathon… painful.
But these Homemade Nutty Chocolate Snack Bars are like lightening fuel to that poor tired snail. Va-va-VOOM!!!
I literally can not make these fast enough. And I must confess, I’m a part of the problem.
They’re like litte fudgy, nutty, chocolately bits of heaven. Sigh.
The recipe and instructions are down below, but first, here’s some eye-candy…
- 2 Cups of Pitted Medjool Dates
- ¼ creamy peanut butter
- ½ nuts
- 2 TBS unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Grease an 8x8 or 9x9 square glass pan.
- Add pitted dates and peanut butter to your mixer and combine until you get a nice paste.
- Add Cocoa Powder and blend until a well blended. You should start to see a dough-like consistency form.
- Add nuts and chocolate chips to blender and pulse until coarsly chopped. Or you can add them in a bowl if you want to keep the nuts and chocolate chips whole.
- Scoop mixture into pan and press out using a sheet of wax paper. You might need to lightly grease the wax paper because this mixture can tend to be a bit sticky.
- Once evenly spread, cover and stick it in the freezer for about an hour.
- Once thoroughly chilled, slice into bars.
- Store in a sealed container with parchment paper between layers for up to a week. But they probably won't last that long!
- Makes about 8-10 bars
When I don’t have these around, I crave them. They are THAT good!
Now, how’s that for a great healthy snack?
Need some more yummy ideas? Check out:
- How to Make Nutella Cream Cheese or Heavenly wonders never cease.
- Homemade Strawberry Cream Cheese: Or When Heaven Came Down
- Nutella Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- How to Make Nutella Stuffed Strawberries
- Gluten Free Crepes with Banana and Nutella