Hard boiled eggs are great and it’s easy to make them in a large batch, but what about the next day and all the eggs are cold? In this post, we’ll answer the question, “Can you reheat hard boiled eggs?”
I’m obsessed with boiled eggs right now, especially since I can get pre-boiled ones at the store. No more trying to peel a boiled egg? Yes, please!
Now I still love a good soft boiled egg, so I’m not totally writing off boiling and peeling my own. But if I’m going to make deviled eggs, it’s worth just buying them pre-boiled and ready to go. Morgan doesn’t understand my family’s love of deviled eggs, but we’ll forgive him for that!
But I really don’t lurve cold boiled eggs, so I figured out how to reheat a boiled egg without over cooking it!
How to Reheat a Hard Boiled Egg
Can you really reheat a cold hard boiled egg? YES! You can!
First, the way NOT to reheat a cold boiled egg. Do NOT put it in the microwave. Bad Idea. Explosion city. Egg everrrrry-where. Don’t ask how I know.
The better way, ahem…
- Boil some water first. (I have a tea kettle that I use for hot tea and for when I need hot water.)
- Put your eggs in a heat-proof bowl and pour very hot to boiling hot water over them.
- Let them sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 5 minutes will get the whites warm and the yolk lukewarm.
- 10 minutes will get them nicely warmed through without really cooking them any more.
Now that you know how to reheat a boiled egg, you can boil up a large batch for the week, peel them and then reheat them when you are craving a snack. I’ll often eat them to stave of hunger when I’m in a hurry and can’t sit down to eat a real meal. Not that I miss any meals, mind you, but if I’m working and the creative juices flowing and my tummy starts talking to me, they’re a good way to get some protein quickly.
Believe me, I’ll eat lunch, but a quick, healthy snack can keep the creativity running nicely!
Do you like boiled eggs? #kindredspirit
Read more posts like this:
- How Long Do You Boil an Egg?
- How to Cook Perfectly Crisp Bacon
- How to Cook the Perfect Sausage Patty