Summer and Chicken Salad are total Bffs. They told me so last time we were out shopping for vintage hankies together. They must have seen the sheer devestation in my sad, forlorn face, because they took me by the hand and said that I could be their Bff, too. Thank the fluffy chicken gods, or I would have driven home in shame, crawled in my bed and never come out again.
Well, of course that’s not reality, but if it were, I’d have to tell my new Bff, Chicken Salad, she needed a bit of a makeover… as if she could ever curry a favor from me. Woka, woka.
This summer, my Curry Chicken Salad is taking the place of the plain-ole, regular grilled chicken that I usually ingest on my field greens and it’s DIVINE. Sweet and spicy in all the right ways.
Here’s the recipe, just for you, love of my life…
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups mayo
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- 1 cup medium-diced celery (2 large stalks)
- ¼ cup chopped scallions, white and green parts (2 scallions)
- 1 cup diced grapes
- 1 cup whole roasted, salted cashews
- Sautee your chicken until cooked thoroughly.
- Toss your chicken breasts in olive oil, then salt and pepper. Grill or bake your chicken breasts, then chill and dice into bite sized cubes..
- For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, curry powder, and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Combine the chicken and the curry dressing. Add the celery, scallions, and grapes. Mix well.
- Put cashews in a ziploc bag and pound lightly with a hammer or tenderizing gavel and stir into the salad.
- Serve on toasted buns or atop a bowl of field greens. YUM!
Are you a fan of the curry flavor?
Don’t tell summer, but I’m thinking of making her my new, bestest bestie. ???