The Bold Abode is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com as well as other affiliate networks.
Labor Day is almost here and you’re probably getting ready to head out to a picnic or other party. If you plan on entertaining this summer, here’s a simple plan for a Labor Day get together.
How to Have a Great Labor Day Party
Labor Day Weekend is kind of the wind down to all the summer fun, isn’t it? Maybe you spend one last, enjoyable weekend at the lake. Or Maybe you host a gathering at your home and throw a simple BBQ together. You fire up the grill and have a cookout with ribs or burgers and hot dogs!
It doesn’t really matter what you serve. Just being with family and friends is a great way to celebrate.
But if you want to add a little twist to your party, instead of serving the normal pasta salads and deviled eggs, I’ve got you! Though I do love to nosh on some deviled eggs with fresh dill…
Here are some great ideas that might help you delight your guests without causing any unnecessary stress in your life.
I’m all about keeping things simple, but I like to be creative too. Sometimes you just have to find that middle ground and hopefully, I can help you with that!
Most of these ideas are simple dishes with simple ingredients but they pack a ton of flavor! I’ve linked to some of my favorite labor day recipes, some which might seem pretty obvious, but with a little twist to freshen it up!
Simple Labor Day Menu
- Watermelon Feta Bites: Cubes of watermelon topped with feta cheese, fresh mint, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip: A creamy and cheesy dip served with tortilla chips or sliced baguette.
Main Dish Ideas:
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches: Instead of the traditional burgers and hot dogs, try serving some tender slow-cooked pulled pork smothered in barbecue sauce and served on soft burger buns. Offer coleslaw as a topping option. If you want to get fancy, serve with some mango salsa. YUM!
- Spicy Curry Chicken Salad – a twist on the classic chicken salad for your more adventurous guests! Serve with some warm croissants or soft tortillas!
Side Dishes Ideas:
- Loaded Potato Salad: Creamy potato salad with a blend of mayo, mustard, celery, and red onion. But add some chopped bacon to it and your having raving fans!
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potatoes – One of my family’s favorites!
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Herb Infused Butter: Corn on the cob grilled to perfection and served with herb-infused butter.
- Caprese Salad: Slices of fresh ripe tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil leaves drizzled with balsamic glaze.
- Salted Caramel Trifle: Layers of sponge cake, mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries), and whipped cream or custard.
- Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream: Halved peaches grilled to caramelize the sugars and served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Whether you use fresh herbs and spices to grill steak skewers or shrimp kebabs on the BBQ, or go with Tacos or Pizza, I hope you have a great Labor Day celebration.